If your Amazon Prime channels not showing up, you should
- Check if the Amazon Prime server is down or not.
- Check if you have subscribed to the channels.
- Check your internet connection.
- Check if your browser is up-to-date or not.
- Check your HDMI cable (for Smart TV users).
- Restart your device.
- Reinstall the Prime app.
Following these steps should fix if Amazon Prime channels are not showing up. If it doesn’t this article will tell you what to do next.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Why Amazon Prime Channels Not Showing Up?
- 3 How To Troubleshoot Amazon Prime Channels Not Showing Up?
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 5 Conclusion
- A third-party subscription won’t allow you to access Amazon Prime channels.
- Among the troubleshooting steps are testing the internet connection, installing the latest version of the browser, etc.
- Reinstalling the app can be a final resort if other methods don’t work.
Why Amazon Prime Channels Not Showing Up?
If you subscribe to premium channels through a provider other than Amazon, you won’t be able to watch them through Prime Video. Content from other providers’ premium channels cannot be streamed on Amazon Prime Video.
The premium channel provider still owns the content, and Amazon has not been given permission to stream it through its app. For example, if you subscribe to HBO through your cable provider, you will not be able to watch HBO shows on the Prime Video app.
You will need to watch HBO through your cable provider’s app. So, if you are subscribed to the channel via a third party, you need to do it again via the Amazon Prime app.
On the other hand, Amazon Prime channels are not showing up on smart TV can be because of some simple issues. For example, any problem with your account, your internet connection, etc.
How To Troubleshoot Amazon Prime Channels Not Showing Up?
Now, if you subscribed to the Amazon Prime channels through the Amazon Prime app, the channels may still disappear. Fortunately, it can be fixed easily.
Below you will find a complete troubleshooting guide to fix this problem. These solutions may also work for channels not found on Fire TV.
Check If Amazon Prime Is Down
Go to one of these websites and put the “Amazon Prime Video” term on the search bar to check. You’ll find the answer if it is down or not.
Check If You Have the Channel
Although it can be highly unlikely, do make sure that you have the channels you are looking for.
To check what channels you have subscribed-
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Go to “Your account” and click on “Account”.
- Scroll down to find “Memberships and Subscriptions.”
- Click on “Prime Video Channels”. There you will find all the channels you are subscribed to.
Now, if you have not added the channels by mistake, do not worry, it is very easy to add channels on Amazon Prime.
Check Your WiFi
If you do have the channels, your internet may be slow or not working. Ensure that your internet speed is adequate.
It may be a good idea to restart your router if you are experiencing internet problems. Restart your router after turning it off for at least 30 seconds. If this does not solve the problem, call your internet service provider.
Try Updating Your Browser
If you are not accessing through the Prime app, that means you are using it through a browser. If this is the case, ensure your browser is up-to-date. You may need to update your browser if this does not work.
To update Google Chrome-
You can update Google Chrome by following these steps:
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, click the three dots.
- Then click on “Help”, and you will see a dropdown menu that says “About Google Chrome”. Click on that.
- Then click on “Update Google Chrome”. Relaunch Chrome upon completion.
This button won’t appear if you’re using the latest version.
To update Mozilla Firefox-
- Click the three lines at the top right corner.
- In the menu, select Help, then About Firefox.
- A check for updates will be performed automatically by the Firefox browser. Updates will be downloaded if they are available.
- When the download is complete, click on Restart Firefox to begin updating it.
Disable VPN Or Proxy
If the internet is fine then check if you have VPN or proxy activated. Check if the problem is resolved by turning off the VPN or proxy.
Check the HDMI Cable
If the Amazon Prime channels are not showing up on your smart TV, then you need to check your HDMI.
You should use HDMI cables that support HDCP 1.4 for HD content. For UHD and/or HDR content you will need HDCP 2.2.
If everything seems alright, try restarting whatever device you are using. After three minutes, turn the device back on. For smart TV, you should unplug the device for three minutes.
If none of the methods worked, what you can do as a final resort is to uninstall and then reinstall it.
Tap the Prime app icon and select Remove the App to uninstall. The next step is to reinstall the app by downloading it again.
Following these steps should work as we have explained everything. If you face any weird issues like Yellowstone episode 5 not becoming full screen, these steps should also cover that.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Where are my channels on Amazon Prime?
To locate your channels on Amazon Prime, start by logging into your Prime Video account on the web. On the top navigation bar, click the “Channels” tab. The following is a list of all the channels you have access to.
Why can’t I watch some movies on Amazon Prime?
Depending on your location, certain movies on Amazon Prime may not be available to you due to geo-restrictions. Amazon’s content varies by region, causing errors like “this video is currently unavailable” if a title isn’t available in your location.
How many devices can use Amazon Prime?
With the same login, you can stream on three devices at the same time. But only 2 devices can watch the same content simultaneously.
So, in short, if your Amazon Prime channels are not showing up, do not panic. Just follow the troubleshooting steps which are very simple. In the event that none of these work for you, then you should contact Amazon support for further assistance.