Toshiba Fire TV is stuck in searching for a remote because of a few common issues including defective remote, worn-out batteries, wrong remote setting or remote pairing issue.
To solve such issues, you might need to replace the batteries or the entire remote. Other than that, pair the remote again, and reset the remote.
Fixing Toshiba Fire TV Stuck on Searching for a Remote issue can be simple. To know it all you can give it a read to the following article.
- 1 Reasons Why Toshiba Fire TV Stuck Searching for Remote
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 3 Final Words
Reasons Why Toshiba Fire TV Stuck Searching for Remote
Among the Toshiba Fire TV users, there is a common issue detected, which is TV stuck while searching for the remote. In fact, other TVs that are running Amazon Fire TV are facing pretty much the same problem.
There can be several reasons for this issue to arise. But the most common reason is if you have performed a hard reset on your device. In the following discussion, you will find all the reasons along with the solution to this issue of Toshiba Fire TV-
|Replace the remote
|Worn out battery
|Replace the batteries
|Remote setting issue
|Reset the remote
|Remote pairing issue
|Re-pair the remote
|TV stuck on remote update
|Repair or replace the internal hardware issue
Reason 1: Malfunctioning Remote
If your Toshiba Fire TV remote is defective, immediate replacement of the remote is a must. To detect a defective Toshiba Fire TV remote, you need to first check whether the battery is working properly or not.
Other than that the top part of the remote from where the infrared passes to the TV should also be cleaned. If the remote still fails to work, then check whether the buttons are in working order or not.
If all of these are okay and you still facing issues due to a broken or internally damaged remote, then you need to replace the remote.
To replace the remote, you can simply place the order on Amazon. According to your TV model, you can place your order. Usually, the delivery is done within 24 hours.
Reason 2: Worn Out Battery
Sometimes, due to a damaged or worn-out battery, a TV stuck while searching for the remote issue can take place. Replacing the battery is the best solution for such a situation.
The following steps can guide you through the process of replacing the Toshiba Fire TV battery-
- Turn the battery to find the arrow on the battery cover
- Following the arrow position open the battery cover using your thumb from the remote
- Remove the old batteries from the remote
- Insert the new set of batteries matching the positive and negative sides correctly
- Place the battery cover on the top of the batteries and set it correctly
Reason 3: Remote Setting Issue
Sometimes, the Toshiba Fire TV is stuck on the searching issue can be resolved by resetting the remote. The problem may take place if the previous remote setting doesn’t match the TV setting.
Other than that, if you are not sure of the root of the problem, resetting the battery can resolve it easily.
Here is how you can reset your remote in the following-
- For resetting, firstly you have to turn off the TV
- Press and hold on the back button, menu button and left side of the navigation ring all at once
- Keep the buttons pressed for 10 seconds
- Repeat the same process 2-3 times if necessary
- Now use the remote again
- If the process is successful, you can bypass the Searching For Remote screen
If you have to reset your Toshiba Fire TV without a remote, here is the procedure-
- Turn on your TV and unplug the socket and power cord
- Now press and hold the power button and plug the adapter into the socket
- Keep holding the button until the TV starts with the Android Recovery Menu option
- Scroll through the menu and select wipe data option
- Press and hold the power input button to select the Yes option
- Wait for the Wiping Data option on the screen and wait to get back to the Android recovery menu
- Select the Reboot System Now option and hold the power button until TV turns off
- Finally, the TV will turn on automatically and you can set it from scratch
Bonus: Here is the guideline of how you can reset Hisense TV without a remote.
Reason 4: Remote Pairing Issue
Remote pairing issue is a common problem with Toshiba Fire TV. If you find your TV is not pairing properly with your TV then you need to pair the remote with the TV again. This can also solve many other problems including TV stuck on searching for the remote.
The following step can help you to know the process of Pairing in detail-
- Press the home button for 10 seconds
- The remote will pair with the TV within one minute
- If it doesn’t reset, then unplug the power adapter from the Fire TV
- Reset the TV remote following the process mentioned above
- Open the batteries from the TV and set them again
- Finally, hold the home button for 10 seconds, it will pair the remote with the TV
Here is the setup guideline for the Toshiba Fire TV:
Reason 5: TV Stuck on Remote Update
Sometimes, defects in internal hardware can cause stuck on remote update issues in Toshiba Fire TV. This can be a defect in the power event. The issue can also be in the used materials.
To solve this issue, you can follow the process described in the following-
- Unplug and detach all the power sources of the TV
- Keep the TV without power for 5 minutes
- Plug back the power sources
- Turn on the TV by pressing the power button for 5 seconds
Bonus: Check this to solve slow internet speed on Vizio TV.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How to Bypass Remote Searching on Fire TV Without A Remote?
To bypass remote searching without a remote, first open the Fire TV app on your phone and go to the Fire TV settings. Next, select the controller and Bluetooth device. Select Amazon Fire TV remotes. Select Add new remote and finally select the remote you want to pair with.
Why Remote Fail to Connect With Toshiba Fire TV?
Usually, a faulty or old battery is the main cause of the failed remote connection of the Toshiba Fire TV. obstructed IR sensor of the remote can be another reason for the remote to fail to connect with the TV. so make sure your batteries are new the remote and the IR sensor is not obstructed by anything to avoid connectivity issues.
Why the Fire TV Fails to Detect the Remote?
Due to worn-out batteries, the TV fails to detect the remote. To stop this issue, replace the batteries first. Alkaline batteries are the best-performing ones it is recommended to use those. The distance is also a factor for remote not detected issues. The distance from the remote to the TV needs to be 10 feet hughes for best performance.
That is everything from our side regarding the Toshiba Fire TV Stuck on Searching for Remote. Hope we can provide you with a complete guideline to solve the problem.
You should never forget a few regular maintenance stuff to avoid any unwanted situation with your Toshiba Fire TV.
We are wrapping up here for today. See you soon with something more useful.
Till then, stay safe!